- 500ml vanilla custard
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 400g store-bought chocolate brownies
- 3 tbsp coffee
- 115ml Baileys
- 140g bag Maltesers
- 500ml double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
Serves 12 | Cooking time 40 mins
- Place custard and chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat, cover with cling wrap and allow to cool.
- Place brownies in a trifle bowl. Mix coffee and 1 tbsp Baileys together and drizzle over brownies. Gently bash the bag of Maltesers a few times with a rolling pin to and sprinkle about 3/4 over the brownies. Spoon on the cooled chocolate custard, cover and chill.
- Combine cream and 100ml Baileys in a bowl. Add the icing sugar and beat with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Add cream to the trifle, scatter the remaining Maltesers and serve