- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 firm-ripe bananas, sliced diagonally 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (no more than 60% cacao if marked), finely chopped
- 500ml cinnamon or vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted and cooled
- Melt butter in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat, then add bananas in 1 layer and sprinkle with brown sugar. Increase heat to medium-high and cook bananas, gently turning once and shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar is caramelized, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide bananas among 4 bowls, leaving any remaining caramel in skillet.
- Add cream to skillet and boil over medium heat, stirring, until caramel is dissolved. Add chocolate with a pinch of salt and whisk until melted.
- Top bananas with scoops of ice cream, then drizzle with some of chocolate sauce and sprinkle with nuts. (There will be extra sauce.)
(Recipe sourced & adapted from epicurious.com)