- 500g potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp truffle oil
- 2 tbsp fresh chives and parsley
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees C.
- Add unpeeled potatoes to a large pot of salted cold water. Bring water to the boil and cook until the potatoes are tender enough to easily insert a fork. Drain in a colander and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Use the bottom of a mug or large measuring cup to press down firmly on each potato until smashed.
- Steam dry the potatoes by leaving them on the baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, sea salt, and black pepper, making sure each potato is well seasoned and coated in olive oil.
- Roast the potatoes for 30-45 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- In a small bowl combine sour cream, dijon mustard and a good pinch of salt. Spread dijon cream on a plate or platter.
- Pile potatoes on top of dijon cream, top with parmesan cheese and drizzle with truffle oil. Finish with fresh chives and parsley.
(This recipe was sourced and adapted from abraskitchen.com)