Skip to content
- 5 kg Pork belly Deboned
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 220°C and place a wire rack in a roasting tray.
- Score the skin of the pork belly with a very sharp knife, taking care not to cut through to the meat.
- Rub the skin and meat of the pork belly with a generous seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Place the pork belly on the wire rack and place the tray in the oven.
- Roast the belly for 30 minutes at 220°C then turn the temperature down to 160°C and allow to roast for another 25 minutes per 500g
- When the pork belly is cooked, remove from the oven then cover with foil and allow to rest for at least 10 minutes but up to one hour.
- When the belly has rested, carve the meat then serve.