- 2 tbs olive oil
- 500g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 5cm piece ginger, shredded
- 1 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek seeds
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp mild curry powder
- 500g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped, or 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbs mango chutney
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 200g paneer, chopped
- Cooked brown basmati rice, coriander leaves & lime wedges, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Heat half the oil in a large flameproof casserole over medium heat. Add mushroom and cook for 5-8 minutes or until softened and golden. Add remaining 1 tbs oil, then garlic, ginger, onion, chilli and spices. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously, or until the spices are toasted and fragrant, and the onion has softened. Add the tomato, mango chutney and coconut milk, and stir to combine. Season. Bring to a simmer, then scatter over paneer.
- Transfer to the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until the paneer is a golden colour and the curry has thickened slightly.
- Serve the curry with rice, coriander leaves and lime wedges.
(Recipe sourced and adapted from delicious.com.au)