- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 300g rump steaks
- Green salad to serve
Cavolo Nero Dressing
- 1 bunch cavolo nero (or kale), leaves trimmed and stems discarded
- ¼ cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- For the dressing, bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the cavolo nero and cook for 30 seconds, then drain and refresh in ice water. Drain and use muslin or a clean Chux to squeeze out excess liquid. Place in a food processor with remaining dressing ingredients. Whiz to form a rough paste. Season to taste and set aside.
- Combine the oil and garlic, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread over the steaks.
- Heat a chargrill pan over high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 3-4 minutes a side for medium-rare. Rest for 5 minutes, lightly covered in foil.
- Slice steak, top with cavolo nero dressing and serve with green salad.
(Recipe sourced and adapted from delicious.com)