Tacos are a great dish to serve with family and friends. Just put all the ingredients on the table and get everyone to make their own! Simple and tasty, this recipe will quickly turn into a family favourite.
- 1 cup coriander, coarsely chopped
- ½ small red onion, roughly chopped
- ½ medium fresh jalapeno chilli (or regular chilli)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 600g eye fillet, cut into 3 or 4 pieces
- 12 corn tortillas
- White onion, finely sliced into rings
- Coriander, chopped
- Jalapeno chillies, finely chopped (or regular chilli)
- Lime wedges
Combine all the ingredients (except the beef) in a blender and process until smooth.
Place the beef in a large bowl and pour in the mix. Ensure the steak is well coated. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to 3 hours.
Heat a grill, griddle or heavy skillet over a high heat. Cook the beef, turning once, until both sides are browned, and meat is cooked to your liking.
Let the eye fillets rest for about 3 minutes, then cut them into slices.
Place the steak in the warmed tortillas, top with onion, coriander and chillies, and serve with lime wedges.
Adapted from: https://www.capegrimbeef.com.au/skirt_steak_tacos.html